2018 Academic Scholarship
The student will be honored at our Seventh Annual Scholarship and Awards Gala on Friday November 2nd, 2018 9PM – 2AM at Leonard’s Palazzo
All eligible candidates must submit their completed applications by: August 27th, 2018.
All applicants must:
• Be of Haitian descent
• Be currently enrolled in an accredited Nursing program in the Greater New York area and have had a minimum of three clinical rotations
• Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better
• Submit an official school transcript
• Submit proof of at least 50 hours of community service
• Submit the scholarship application
Submit an essay of 300 to 500 words in APA format with references on one of the following topics:
1) Women’s health issues is a global concern. Choose an issue in women’s health and explain how you can contribute as a nurse to confront the issue.
2) Social media affects all realms of life and no profession is left untouched by the impact of social media. The profession of nursing is no exception. As a nursing student describe the disadvantages of social media on clinical practice.
You will have the opportunity to upload all required documents, except your official transcript, which needs to be mailed directly to the Association.
Please Note: As part of the final selection process, qualified candidates will be contacted for an interviewed.